Doctor of Philosophy in Mining engineering
This Doctor of Philosophy program sees candidates working with a Principal Supervisor, appointed by the Research Higher Degrees Sub Committee, with the approval of the School.
A minimum of three years and a maximum of four years (full-time equivalent), this degree is awarded on the basis of an eternally examined thesis of approximately 100,000 words.
A PhD is a transferrable qualification that has application (depending on the nature of the research) to government, industry, commerce and independent research centre employment.
To be eligible for admission as a Candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy a person must:
- have graduated with or qualified for a Masters degree that included a dissertation demonstrating the ability to undertake research at PhD level; or
- have graduated with or qualified for a four year Honours Bachelor degree, or Degree with Honours at first class or second class, upper division, honours, that included a dissertation demonstrating the ability to undertake research at PhD level; or
- have been enrolled for a Masters degree by research and have completed research which is assessed by the academic Board as demonstrating the capacity to undertake research at PhD level; or
- hold qualifications and/or have demonstrated skills, experience, research, or publications which are assessed by the Academic Board as being at least equivalent to or as a satisfactory substitute for any of the qualifications prescribed above.
Applicants must meet the minimum English Language Requirements for entry into a Federation University Australia program. The English Language Requiremen is Academic IELTS Overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 6.0, or equivalent.
Fees are subject to change annually.
- $27,800 AUD annual tuition fee - commencing 2017
- 3 years